Market Design and Governance
All markets have an inherent design in the way the providers, agents and relationships interact.
Gemserv has been at the forefront of design of the electricity market since its inception in 1998.
We continue to support the evolution of Energy, Environment and Water markets, through the provision of subject matter experts, recognised industry experts and consultants.
Gemserv designed the first competitive water market in Scotland in 2006. We are helping to design the new arrangement for Smart Metering and the Green Deal which will take effect in 2012 and 2014.
We use our experience and expertise in market design to follow key principles in our work:
- Improved interoperability between market participants;
- Equal access to data and services;
- Efficient and timely information exchange;
- Transparent and consistent processes;
- No disadvantage or barrier to new entrants;
- Effective change management which is efficient and consultative;
- Rules are clearly understood;
- Common data and information formats;
- User groups and open forum to explore issues and discuss developments; and
- Education and training material.
Our clients include government departments, such as DECC (Department for Energy and Climate Change) and regulators, such as Ofwat.