The GDPR is here to stay. It is changing behaviours and pushing breaches into the public eye more than ever before. Still, clarity on breach procedures, responsibilities and reporting mechanisms can be hard to come by.
On 6th December we hosted our first GemTALK webinar – Data Breach 101. The first of our new webinar series (hosted by our Head of Privacy and Data Protection Ivana Bartoletti) looked at the information security landscape and data breaches in more detail.
This webinar left you with a better understanding of the following:
- Introduction to data breach notification practices under the GDPR
- Data Breach Responses
- Key problems and common failures
- Processes behind the 72 hour breach notification
- Lessons learnt from cases (Typeform, British Airways, Uber)
- Notifying Supervisory Authorities
- How to communicate effectively with supervisory authorities
- Third Party notification steps
- Ongoing Compliance
- What are examples of mitigating measures?
- How to make data protection business as usual
- Keeping an Incident Log
We found the webinar was a good way of connecting with you all and we hope that you found the event engaging and informative.
If you would like to speak to our consultants to discuss how we can help you with data protection then please contact the data protection team at email@example.com or +44(0) 207 090 1091.
Missed the webinar, we’ve got you covered!
If you missed the webinar you can now watch by accessing the link below. This link will also allow you to download the presentation, which includes the a copy of all the Q&A.