What we offer you
A job should always offer you more then just financial rewards and whilst we are competitive within our industry we look to go above and beyond for our people. At Gemserv we offer a number of opportunities for staff whether it be benefits such as childcare vouchers or flexible hours to numerous development opportunities inside and outside of work. We are committed to retaining our staff and attracting talent from all walks of life.
Ready to explore?
We offer an attractive package of benefits in addition to highly competitive salaries. These include a company bonus scheme, pension and healthcare, season ticket loans, discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme and more.
Our innovative ‘Beyond Pay’ approach also includes remote working, flexible working patterns, secondments onto new projects and the ability to buy or sell annual leave. The nature of our work means staff sometimes have to work outside of normal office hours or put in additional hours ahead of deadlines, but in return they also enjoy a significant degree of flexibility to manage their time.
As well as financial bonuses, we have a number of other reward and recognition initiatives including employee and manager-led award schemes. There are regular company team building events and social and charitable events to provide opportunities to give something back to the local community. Perhaps the most valuable benefit for many of our staff is the support we offer to build their careers.
Health & Wellbeing
- Pension: Every employee has the opportunity to join our salary sacrifice pension scheme and access to an independent financial advisory to discuss their plans.
- Season Ticket Loan: Employees can benefit from taking out an interest-free loan to purchase a season ticket to help with travel costs.
- Buying & Selling Annual Leave: Employees can buy or sell up to 5 days of annual leave in a calendar year.
- Sustainable Travel Day: We believe businesses have a role to play in tackling climate change. That’s why we have introduced a Sustainable Travel Day policy which grants an extra day’s leave to staff who use sustainable travel whilst on holiday.
Peace of Mind
To create an environment in which exceptional performance and contribution are recognised and rewarded we operate two schemes.
- Employee Rewards Scheme – Recognising outstanding performance each quarter. Employees are invited to nominate colleagues for exceptional performance and winners are rewarded with a £1,000 bonus.
- Line Manager’s ‘Thank You’ Scheme – Enabling Line Manager’s to recognise and reward exceptional performance by a team member.
- Company Bonus Scheme – The Company’s bonus scheme focuses on rewarding performance based on the contribution all staff members can make towards the achievement of the Company’s Strategic Objectives and their personal targets. All staff members eligible for the scheme will have a bonus percentage eligibility which varies by grade and outlines the amount of bonus that could be earned (as a percentage of base salary) subject to company profit performance, company strategic measures and personal performance
What it's like to
Work at Gemserv
Find out a bit more about working at Gemserv by listening to the video diaries of some our people.
Kunal joined Gemserv in October 2008 on the graduate development programme. He has since progressed into the role of Senior Delivery Manager for the Energy Department within the business.
Working at Gemserv has provided Michelle with numerous opportunities which she has relished taking on. She has enjoyed her many years with Gemserv and loves the feel and ethos that the company creates (the people aren’t too bad too!).
Moses has been at Gemserv since May 2015. He has always had an interest in the energy industry, so when he saw a role open up at
At Gemserv, we understand that one of the most important factors for accepting any new role is the work/life balance. Therefore, flexible working is something that we feel strongly about. Whether this means being able to work from home, working outside of the 9-5 or working compressed hours. We are open to hearing from all candidates and would welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility around all the roles that we are recruiting for.